|Job Title:||Technical Manager|
|Location:||East London, London|
|Salary:||£55000 - £75000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2019 14:58|
To manage the Technical function of a site based project and report on all technical, engineering and architectural aspects of the business from commencement on site to completion and final adoptions and handovers. To ensure information is produced, checked and distributed on programme to the correct quality and within budget to enable effective sub-contract procurement and build programme to be met.
The role of the Technical Department in this company is to provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
This will encompass site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, and the investigations of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions. This will involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
The Technical Department are involved with the construction from inception to completion. The Project section of the department ensures the smooth delivery of technical information to other parts of the business and constructed to appropriate standards.
- Management of the external design team and specialists consultants to ensure that all Construction Documents are provided within the agreed development programme and budget.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage all DTM meetings with other departments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded.
- Review and scrutinise design drawings and details for compliance, buildability, VE options throughout all stages of the design process. Distribute project specifications.
- Receive, co-ordinate and check specialist subcontractor and supplier information.
- Attend specialist supplier and subcontract meetings as required.
- Manage the distribution of preliminary, tender, construction and as-built information internally with the Document Controller (where applicable), addressing department feedback, and producing a high quality, fully co-ordinated design package.
- Ensure Building Regulations and Warranty conditions are cleared without delay to the project and without risk to the business.
- Resolve design and building problems, contacting relevant personnel and consultants as appropriate.
- Attend and report at monthly site Project Review Meetings.
- Attend Subcontractor interviews and pre start meetings where necessary.
- Liaise with Planning, Commercial, Health & Safety and Sales Departments.
- Provide site support and manage responses to technical RFI.
- Manage changes to the technical project information through the Company's DCF process.
- Monitor and jointly manage the Professional Fees budget fees and services budget for the development. To be jointly responsible for producing technical design solutions that is within the cost plan or approved budget.
- Prepare monthly Development Review reports and for incorporation into Board Reports.
- Assist in the preparation of legal documentation, conveyancing, management company information and any site related legal agreements.
- Assist in the preparation of Operations and Maintenance manuals incorporating a Health and Safety File for hand over to Management Company and/or Housing Association.
- Comply with Company contracts, regulations and administration systems in force at the time.
- Keep up to date with correct building products and techniques, current building regulations and relevant supplementary legislation that may impact the performance of the required duties.