Senior Technical Coordinator
|Job Title:||Senior Technical Coordinator|
|Salary:||£40000 - £450000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2019 14:46|
Scope of work
- Co-ordinate and manage a team of Project Consultants in the preparation of working drawing packages any other required information to suit necessary deadlines
- Liase with and advise other departments on technical matters to provide back-up and information flow
- Ensure that all information is available to the construction and other relevant departments to suit the project programme
- Liase with consultants, suppliers and manufacturers to ensure the preparation of technical support information
- Managing and Coordinating planning and technical packages for the relevant submissions
- Deal with queries from Customer Care and Sales Departments
- Good technical knowledge of building construction
- Working knowledge of the latest Building Regulations, NHBC and associated legislation connected with the construction industry
- Sound knowledge of the architectural and engineering function. Additional support can be provided to grow knowledge base.
- The ability to get on with people together with communication skills for dealing with multi-disciplined teams
- The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in a speedy and efficient manner
- To be self-motivated and well organised
- To have the desire to improve their ability and to be pro-active and recognise problems
- Minimum 7 years experience
- Consider workloads and programmes and liaise with TD to allocate projects for the preparation of the technical packages.
- Undertake pre tender reviews with project team to ensure drawings packages are satisfactory before tender release
- Receive and coordinate utility packages with Services Manager and make recommendations to preferred utility suppliers, these works will also include managing diversions, reinforcements and main supply's with the site team
- Co-ordinate and ensure compliance of working drawings with Housing Association i.e. DQS, HQI etc
- Where applicable ensure technical packages will deliver the required level of CfSH or equivalent standards and that all departments are aware of requirements.
- Liaise with Commercial manager, Surveyors and Buyers with regard to any specification or drawing changes
- Ensure co-ordination of civil engineering packages which include drainage, slab levels, external works, highways information accords with working drawings and planning drawings but also coordinate with all consultants
- Manage all adoption submissions and agreements with the appointed civil engineer and adopting bodies.
- Ensure that all drawings / details meet with Local Authority / NHBC requirements, Robust details, SAP rating requirements, Code for Sustainable Homes requirements
- Coordinate and liaise with local adopting bodies for S278, S38, S104 and etc, to gain the correct technical approvals to allow works to commence on site in a timely manner.
- Apply and manage Building Regulation notice and condition clearance.
- Monitor changes in Building Regulations and advise accordingly
- Ensure standard detail package is available at completion of technical pack
- Produce schedule showing individual house type and plots for each site including handings
- Consider existing working drawings in existence utilise wherever possible
- Monitor and rationalise the storing and identification of working drawings and details on the computer network
- Co-ordinate the checking of production information before issue against other drawings, specifications and briefs in accordance with Company checklist criteria
- Co-ordinate the issuing of drawings to other departments
- Co-ordinate the preparation of Building Regulation / NHBC applications and delegate as appropriate to ensure programmes are met
- Ensure that site and house type specific health and safety risk assessments are prepared
- Attend internal and external meetings regarding construction and technical matters and co-ordinating the preparation of the information required as a result
- Ensure that up to date legislation and requirements are included on the drawings and implemented on site as necessary and that construction notes, trade specifications are kept up to date
- Chase consultants to ensure availability of information to accord with deadlines
- Attend site meetings as and when required
- General liaison and co-ordination between other parties, both internal and external
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical / construction problems
- Checking or delegating the checking of sales literature and production of sales brochure plans and schedule of dimensions
- When instructing external consultants to obtain competitive quotes and instruct on the basis of workloads and programmes to be met in association with and approval of TD
- Regularly update TD with regard to progress of all matters and monitor against Key Dates.
- Monitor progress against programmes and action accordingly to meet targets
- Ensure co-ordinated kitchen and bathroom tiling layouts / details of electrical appliances / sockets
Skills and abilities
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Communicate effectively with all those who have a stake in the work
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Previous experience within technical environment
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation