Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||Up to £70000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jed Morgan|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2018 16:15|
Senior Quantity Surveyor Croydon
Salary £65,000-£70,000 depending on experience
My client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis to manage their residential housing project in Croydon. This role will be split between being based on site for half the week and in their region office for the other half.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
Key duties to include:
- The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure tenders, negotiate and let subcontracts within required timescales, ensuring compliance to Crest Nicholson policies and procedures including the Protection Manual, Quality Manual, and Trade Conditions
- The negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
- Management of the financial aspects of the development.
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting including monthly cost reviews.
- Attend relevant site meetings alongside Senior Leadership teams.
- Manage the payment of subcontractors, measured work and variations are paid in a timely manner.
- Working closely with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
- Looking at VE options and alternatives to make suitable cost savings and value.
Skills and experience expected:
- Strong Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor or housebuilder.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- Knowledge of the Residential Development market
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Pragmatic; able to assess situations by considering the benefits and risks for all parties
- Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Team management skills; leads by example, considering team strengths and areas for improvement
- Builds excellent working relationships
- Performance management of your team and suppliers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CSCS card
- Degree or other technical qualification.
- RICS / CIOB qualification.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast growing company who reward success and promote from within.
For more information or to apply for this opportunity please contact Jed Morgan at PCR LTD.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
South West London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + package + bonus
£55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£35000 - £40000 per annum + package + bonus