Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||St. Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£65000 - £68000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jed Morgan|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2018 14:25|
Senior Quanity Surveyor
Salary £65,000-£68,000 depending on experience
As a leading New Homes Developer with a history of creating well-designed sustainable communities for over 50 years, my client is proud to hold a well-regarded capability for delivering award-winning developments, recognised by the NHBC and industry-leading Commercial, Design and Customer Service bodies. Their diverse property portfolio meets the needs of a wide range of purchasers from first-time buyers, to families and investors. They offer a bespoke product range from one-bed apartments up to five-bed detached houses, each carefully designed and delivered to the highest quality for our customers.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
Key duties to include:
- The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure tenders, negotiate and let subcontracts within required timescales, ensuring compliance to Crest Nicholson policies and procedures including the Protection Manual, Quality Manual, and Trade Conditions
- The negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
- Management of the financial aspects of the development.
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting including monthly cost reviews.
- Attend relevant site meetings alongside Senior Leadership teams.
- Manage the payment of subcontractors, measured work and variations are paid in a timely manner.
- Working closely with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
- Looking at VE options and alternatives to make suitable cost savings and value.
Skills and experience expected:
- Strong Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor or housebuilder.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- Knowledge of the Residential Development market
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Pragmatic; able to assess situations by considering the benefits and risks for all parties
- Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Team management skills; leads by example, considering team strengths and areas for improvement
- Builds excellent working relationships
- Performance management of your team and suppliers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CSCS card
- Degree or other technical qualification.
- RICS / CIOB qualification.
- Experience over qualifications will be considered as we're open to supporting you with qualifications.
An extensive range of benefits are included in package:
- Competitive salaries and bonus schemes
- Share save Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Private pension
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- 25 days' annual leave
- Gym membership discounts
My client aims to be an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development and which rewards the effectiveness and loyalty of our employees as an equal opportunities employer.
For more information or to apply for this opportunity please contact Jed Morgan at PCR LTD.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits
£45000 - £60000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Progression
Senior Technical Coordinator
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Car, perks