Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 08:46|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for a contract focussed Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our clients team providing a world class service to their largest client across the Group. This is a high profile role within an award winning business that offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the future of not only the contract but the wider group itself.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for a dedicated team of quantity surveyors and commercial administrators who are all focussed on providing the best service possible to our client
- Efficiently manage all commercial reporting of the Contract and maintain regular liaison and communication with the Commercial Manager.
- Preparation of Cost/Value Reports on a weekly and monthly basis and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Management Information reports on a monthly basis (such as Fuel, Mobile Phone and PO Reports).
- Manage and support the QS Team.
- Management of supply chain including resolution of any contractor disputes, valuation of work completed by contractors and certify interim and final accounts.
- Ensure that all Valuations/Applications/Cost Reports/Final Accounts, etc are submitted to the Client in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with the relevant contract stipulations.
- Support the Commercial Manager in the management of contractual obligations including the proactive and timely management of variations, disputes etc. both with the client and supply chain.
- Identify contract commercial risks and opportunities.
- Help develop the Commercial Clarifications Document to ensure that clear guidelines are in place for the Commercial Administration team and the wider contract staff.
- Implement Work Task Instructions and ensure that the CCC User guide is kept up to date.
- Support the Commercial Administration team and monitor performance in line with their respective role and competence specifications.
- Encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved.
- Support the use of the Commercial and Financial Procedures and monitor non-compliance.
- Ensure that a robust system for managing disputes, including obtaining supporting information such as site records, are kept on all Contracts as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract.
- Attend all client weekly/ monthly dispute meetings as and required, including travel to client offices.
- Undertake any other work as reasonably required of you by the Commercial Manager.
- Background within a utilities environment desirable.
- Degree educated
- Relevant QS or Commercial Manager role
- Committed and enthusiastic team player
- Working knowledge of NEC & Subcontractor management.
- Strong systems skills including MS Office.
- Full UK Driving Licence.