Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 15:48|
The Senior QS will provide commercial advice, support, report on and control all commercial aspects of the development. A key part to the role of a Senior QS is to lead, challenge and provide commercial technical support to the Graduate Quantity Surveyor, Asst. Quantity Surveyor and project Quantity Surveyor.
The role also provides support to the Project Manager, Design and Operations team to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, within budget and achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction targeted.
The Senior QS will report directly to Commercial Director or Snr Commercial Manager or Commercial Manager (subject to size of Commercial team on Project) and will lead the Graduate Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity and Project Quantity Surveyor if they are involved on a Project.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a small commercial team and manage others
- Able to work and communicate effectively
- Willing to listen and apply lessons learnt
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Honest and transparent
- Demonstrates integrity and mutual respect for others
- Able to influence others
- Works as part of a team
- Quality conscious
- Demonstrates innovation
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Effectively manage their time throughout the working day
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge decisions, resources and costs when appropriate
- Ensure Commercial processes and procedures are adhered to across the project.
- Ensure the supply chain are engaged appropriately with the correct terms and conditions
- Ensure good client relationships are fostered and upheld.
- Issue and track Subcontract Tender Enquiries
- Produce Bills of Quantities when required in the appropriate method of measurement
- Receive and analyse basic Subcontract package Tender returns (Tender Return Analysis)
- Inform the successful and unsuccessful Subcontractor(s) of the Subcontractor recommendation.
- Produce basic Subcontract package Subcontract Agreement and Conditions
- Commercially administer a basic Subcontract throughout the construction delivery process, this will involve;
- Application for payment
- Variation / Claims Management
- Final Account
- Defects Management
- Ensure Joseph Homes 'Why and How' vision is upheld throughout the tender process
- Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at project level
- Update and monitor Subcontract liability schedule for relevant Subcontract package
- Provide input to the monthly CVR (Cost Value Report)
- Ensure accurate cost and cashflow reporting is undertaken
- Provide input to the PRM (Project Review Meetings)
- Minute meetings where required in a professional and factual manner
- Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with relevant parties
- Provide risk, cost and value management controls
- Identify, analyse and develop solutions to commercial and project risks
- Produce Production Progress Reports
- Actively seek to improve processes and procedures throughout the business
- Manage and mitigate the Risk Schedule to ensure correct decisions are made at the right time.
- Ensure all records are produced, maintained and shared where necessary
- Manages effective distribution and use of records
- Understands all aspects of development / construction programming.
- Able to interrogate and advise on programme and technical information
- Establish and manage the strategic role with regard time, cost and quality within the Commercial team.
- Establishes, monitors and adapts procurement strategy to meet project / business demands
- Advises on negotiation strategy and complex negotiation issues