Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£60000 - £75000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 11:50|
Due to promotion, we are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client in North Essex. As part of the Commercial team you will be working with a Trainee Surveyor, reporting to the Commerical Director and will be responsible for the timely procurement and management of sub-contract packages for assigned regional developments. Projects are all bespoke and include new build residential developments ranging from large scale schemes of circa 1300 units to one off refurbishment projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Review and work to SPS Schedules to ensure subcontract orders are placed to site programmes.
- Review drawings to identify scope of works for each trade, carry out tender analysis & negotiation, revise scope accordingly to site requirements and produce recommendation forms, order and proformas.
- Provide active cost advice, reporting and explanation of any cost movement.
- Undertake day to day functions of production sites, issuing requisition, addenda & PVO's and raising subsequent orders including close liaison with site management to ensure smooth running of site.
- Attend pre-start meetings to assess subcontractors ability to complete the work and overcome issues on construction.
- Dealing with subcontractors variations.
- Enter and analyse monthly costs.
- Liaise with estimating to determine allowances and exclusion in budget, specification and employers requirements.
- Monitor production of information and advises on financial feasibility of design.
- Produce and issue tender enquiries to existing and new sub-contractors.
- Produce tender lists for approval.
- Produce post production report providing feedback to estimating, construction and commercial.
Skills & Experience
As a successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Quantity Surveying Degree (2:1) or equivalent
- Up to date knowledge of construction legislation and industries best practice
- CSCS Card (desirable)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience of procurement and tendering process
- Experience of housekeeping/management of subcontractor packages
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to travel to variable site locations
Reward and Benefits:
As a valued employee you will be rewarded with the following:
- Highly competitive Annual Salary
- Generous company pension (employer contribution up to 10%) increasing with length of service
- A company vehicle or car allowance and fully expensed fuel card for personal and professional mileage
- Private healthcare
- 20 days holidays, plus English bank holidays, plus the Christmas shutdown (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Annual Bonus depending on company performance
- On site Gym facilities
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Comprehensive social calendar including but not limited to; Annual Summer Ball; Family Fun Day; Christmas Party and various activities and sporting events throughout the year