Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||Up to £70000 per annum + Company Car/Fuel Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jed Morgan|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2018 15:16|
Senior Quanity Surveyor
Salary £70,000 + Company Car
My client is a New Homes Developer with a history of creating well-designed sustainable communities for over 50 years. They are proud to hold a well-regarded capability for delivering award-winning developments, recognised by the NHBC and industry-leading Commercial, Design and Customer Service bodies.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
- Identify and build strong relationships during the procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure tenders, negotiate and let subcontracts within required timescales.
- Negotiate and agree terms and letting of subcontracts, working to project deadlines.
- Management of the financial aspects of the development, from cradle to grave.
- Manage all reporting and forecasting for the latest cost estimates and monthly cost reviews.
- Lead relevant site meetings alongside Senior Leadership teams.
- Manage the payment of subcontractors, measured work and variations are paid in a timely manner.
- Working closely with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
- Looking at Value Engineering options and alternatives to make suitable cost savings and value.
- Develop the specification of both bespoke and standard materials, working closely with the Estimating and Buying teams.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong Quantity Surveying experience in the house building sector or high end residential contracting
- Degree or other technical qualification (Desirable)
- Ideally Regeneration and/or mixed-use scheme experience
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence internal processes and partners
- Pragmatic; able to assess situations by considering the benefits and risks for all parties
- Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Leads by example, considering team strengths and areas for improvement
- Resilience and creative problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CSCS card
- Competitive salaries and bonus schemes
- Share save Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Private pension
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- 25 days' annual leave
- Childcare vouchers
My client aims to be an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development and which rewards the effectiveness and loyalty of our employees as an equal opportunities employer.
For more information or to apply for this opportunity please contact Jed Morgan at PCR LTD at
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
West Sussex, England
£60000 - £65000 per annum + package + bonus
South West London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + package + bonus
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus
£55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus