|Job Title:||Senior Engineer|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2019 09:49|
The role of the Technical Department in any Division is to provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
This will encompass site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, the investigations of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions. This may involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
- Brief engineering consultants on scope of design
- Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when apprising land
- Manage technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278)
- Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments
- Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants
- Obtain statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements
- Obtaining utility quotations and manage process through site.
- Prior to legal completion of all new homes, ensure the appropriate driveways and footpaths are completed to agreed standards.
- Answer Technical queries
- Assist the Technical and Commercial Departments in issuing tender drawings to contractors, assessing them upon return and then formally awarding the works
- POS, S38, S104 adoptions
- Liaise with the Commercial department
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- Work in a team of engineers and architects to deliver schemes in a cost-effective manner and on programme