|Job Title:||Senior Buyer|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2019 16:06|
An opportunity has arisen to join one of our commercial teams as a Senior Buyer. You will report directly to the Commercial Director and have line management responsibilities for 2 direct reports. As a team, you will be responsible for the timely ordering of all materials as required by site teams for all developments within the region. Projects are all bespoke and include new build residential developments ranging form large scale schemes of circa 1300 units to one off refurbishment projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Effective liaison with site teams and suppliers to obtain materials/ products according to specification and site requirements.
- Analysis of rate received against market comparisons to determine the optimum price for requirements.
- Analysis of specification to determine suitability and/or possible alternatives.
- Compile and distribute enquiries to relevant suppliers in order to obtain prices/rates for required materials/services as per contract documents
- Dealing with supplier invoice queries, communicating with site and supplier in order to find an amicable conclusion
- Filing of orders, addenda and supporting information for future reference
- Assisting Commercial Team with production of CostCo & MatCo
- MATCO reporting for each development on a monthly basis. Monitor spend throughout project to identify any possible shortfalls
- Negotiate with suppliers in order to achieve the most commercially viable supply to site
- Raise material/asset/stock/plant/sub-contract orders on Coins.
- Review of drawings/specification to assess possible alternative products/methods that could reduce the time/cost of the build or provide a better value end product.
Skills & Experience
As a successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a Senior /Materials Buyer or equivalent role
- People management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of analytical skills
- Excellent negotiating ability
- Strong project co-ordination skills
- CSCS Card (desirable)
- Full UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel to variable sites
Reward and Benefits:
As a valued employee you will be rewarded with the following:
- Highly competitive Annual Salary
- Generous company pension (employer contribution up to 10%) increasing with length of service
- A company vehicle or car allowance and fully expensed fuel card for personal and professional mileage
- Private healthcare
- 20 days holidays, plus English bank holidays, plus the Christmas shutdown (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Annual Bonus depending on company performance
- On site Gym facilities
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Comprehensive social calendar including but not limited to; Annual Summer Ball; Family Fun Day; Christmas Party and various activities and sporting events throughout the year
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's