|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 17:09|
We are currently searching for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work for a leading subcontractor in the building services industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience working for either a Mechanical or Electrical subcontractor and be able to:
▪ Providing comprehensive financial and surveying related information as required by Management/Directors, including monthly reports for their allocated project(s).
▪ Establishing & maintaining relationships with Clients & Sub-Contractors and managing the pre-employment process.
▪ Procurement of sub-contract packages, via creation of invitation to tender documents, and collating information to gather a group of quotations that are project compliant.
▪ Negotiating with sub-contractors to agree a price for the sub-contract element of the works & ensuring all sub-contract packages are procured for their project(s).
▪ Forming sub-contracts to issue to the sub-contractor.
▪ Creating interim certificates for each sub-contract application for each of their project(s).
▪ Measuring works for interim valuations/sub-contractor certification by recording dimensions/quantities.
▪ Recording and agreeing of extra works, day works & variations throughout the contracts.
▪ Recording all relevant events for delay and loss and expense claims as/when necessary.
▪ Monitoring payments, to ensure full payment is received for all work claimed and certified. May be required to ‘chase’ outstanding payments.
▪ Pricing of all relative variations for their respective project(s), ready for submission to the client.
▪ Agreeing final accounts with sub-contractors.
▪ Invoicing or contra-charging of any defects relative to their respective projects until the end of DLP for their project(s).
▪ Assisting management in provision of statistics and other surveying related information for meetings/reports.
▪ Provide estimating department with statistical information for new rates & maintain filing systems/record keeping.
▪ Familiarisation with specification/drawings for each project, as well as the terms & conditions upon which we are employed, to assist in highlighting changes, variations etc.
▪ Managing and maintaining a ‘league table’ type document for sub-contractors to assist in reviewing performance and providing feedback.