|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 12:12|
As a Surveyor, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
Key duties to include:
- The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure tenders, negotiate and let subcontracts within required timescales, ensuring compliance to policies and procedures including the Protection Manual, Quality Manual, and Trade Conditions
- The negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
- Management of the financial aspects of the development.
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting including monthly cost reviews.
- Attend relevant site meetings alongside Senior Leadership teams.
- Manage the payment of subcontractors, measured work and variations are paid in a timely manner.
- Working closely with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
- Looking at VE options and alternatives to make suitable cost savings and value.
- The specification of materials and plant in accordance with the Group Agreements.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Surveyor experience with main contractor or house building competitor
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work
- Knowledge of the Residential Development market
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Pragmatic; able to assess situations by considering the benefits and risks for all parties
- Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Builds excellent working relationships
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CSCS card
- Degree or other technical qualification
- RICS / CIOB qualification
- Experience over qualifications will be considered as we're open to supporting you with qualifications
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £65000 per annum
£35000 - £50000 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Package
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits plus car allowance
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum