|Job Title:||Quantity surveyor|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum + package|
|Contact Name:||Phil Neal|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2018 15:48|
Quantity Surveyor, London
My Client is an award winning Main Contractor who specialise in in the construction management and delivery of Public and Private sector projects across the UK. With an enviable portfolio of long term and established customer relationships, my client has a strong order book of projects already confirmed for 2018 and beyond and as a result are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
My Client is a successful UK housing provider and knows their success lies in their principles of trust and reliability. With a proven track record within the industry, all the staff are encouraged to reach their full potential and be part of their overall success. It is my client's core values, vision and financial independence that enable them to thrive and maintain a solid force for growth.
The ideal candidate will come from a main contractor background although current experience working with a sub-contractor will certainly be considered. A proven track record working within the construction sector on residential new build and refurbishment project is essential.
Duties and responsibilities Include
- Attend design team and specification meetings, comment on relevance and advise (alongside the Technical team)
- Compile specifications and update
- Reading drawings and interpreting the information
- Input on material submissions to local authorities for approval
- Liaise with Statutory and Local Authorities on connections/disconnections and supplies
- Compile trade enquiries, establish content and scope of works
- Analyse trade quotations, compare, negotiate, appoint
- Develop rapport with subcontractors and suppliers
- Monitor and report committed costs against pre-determined budgets
- Determine payment breakdowns and assemble weekly payment releases
- Agree contract variations to subcontractors
- Negotiate variation costs and conclude Final Accounts
- Research new products, subcontract sources and references
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning main contractor who reward and promote success.
To apply for this role please email your CV to -
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's