Project Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Project Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2019 15:56|
A Project QS will manage all costs relating to the design and construction of the development ideally from the outset of the project. A Project QS shall seek to minimise the cost of the project whilst ensuring value for money is enhanced.
Project QS will provide commercial advice, support, report on and control all commercial aspects of the development. A key part to the role of a Project QS is to challenge and provide commercial technical support to the Graduate Quantity Surveyor, Asst. Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor and / or Commercial Manager.
The role also provides support to the Project Manager, Design and Operations team to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, within budget and achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction targeted by management.
Project QS will report directly to Senior QS or Commercial Manager (subject to size of Commercial team on Project) and will lead the Graduate Quantity Surveyor and Assistant Quantity Surveyor if they are involved on a Project.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a small commercial team and manage others
- Able to work and communicate effectively
- Willing to listen and apply lessons learnt
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Honest and transparent
- Demonstrates integrity and mutual respect for others
- Able to influence others
- Works as part of a team
- Quality conscious
- Demonstrates innovation
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Effectively manage their time throughout the working day
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge decisions, resources and costs when appropriate
- Issue and track Subcontract Tender Enquiries
- Produce Bills of Quantities when required in the appropriate method of measurement
- Receive and analyse basic Subcontract package Tender returns (Tender Return Analysis)
- Inform the successful and unsuccessful Subcontractor(s) of the Subcontractor recommendation.
- Produce basic Subcontract package Subcontract Agreement and Conditions
- Commercially administer a basic Subcontract throughout the construction delivery process, this will involve;
- Application for payment
- Variation / Claims Management
- Final Account
- Defects Management
- Ensure the 'Why and How' vision is upheld throughout the tender process
- Update and monitor Subcontract liability schedule for relevant Subcontract package
- Provide input to the monthly CVR (Cost Value Report)
- Provide input to the PRM (Project Review Meetings)
- Minute meetings where required in a professional and factual manner
- Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with relevant parties
- Provide risk, cost and value management controls
- Identify, analyse and develop solutions to commercial and project risks
- Produce Production Progress Reports
- Ensure all records are produced, maintained and shared where necessary
- Understands all aspects of development / construction programming.
- 4 - 10 year Post Graduate
- Quantity Surveying
- Building Surveying
- Civil Engineering