Maintenance Gardener – Team Leader
|Job Title:||Maintenance Gardener – Team Leader|
|Salary:||£24,000.00 – £29,000.00 (Dependent on experience.)|
|Contact Name:||James Sheehan|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2019 11:39|
Experienced Maintenance Gardener Team Leader required to join a well - established gardening team working for a leading landscape company. A company who works on high - end gardens throughout London and Surrey which demand the highest standards of maintenance.
For this role it is essential that you have experience of managing teams and also have a great understanding of working in gardens and have a good eye for detail. Throughout the role, you will need to be able to liaise well with both clients and designers, meaning that good communication skills are a must. Throughout the day you will need to also communicate well with your team and be able to delegate tasks ensuring good time management. In addition, leadership skills and being able to work well within a team are also key skills required for this role.
- Communicating with your manager, additional works and providing feedback on gardens.
- Liaising with clients and suppliers.
- Regular re-planting of window displays and borders.
- Lawn care.
- Plant feeding, staking and weeding of herbaceous borders.
- Hedge cutting – by hand and machine.
- General watering and management of irrigation systems
- Spraying, i.e. pest control, feeding and stone cleaning.
- Management of garden water features
- Managing planting and soft landscaping schemes.
- Implementing company Health and Safety documentation.
- Relevant qualification in gardening or horticulture i.e. RHS or City and Guilds.
- Comprehensive plant knowledge.
- Experience with pedestrian mowers, scarifiers, hedge trimmers and power washers.
- Experience with Irrigation systems.
- A full driving license.
- PA1/PA6 Spraying certificates.
- A valid Emergency first aid at work certificate.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Paid Overtime.
- Birthday day – all employees have their Birthday as paid holiday.
- Training and career development is encouraged.
- 28 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays).
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 7am – 4pm
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's