Lead Electrical Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Electrical Engineer|
|Location:||Richmond upon Thames, London|
|Salary:||Up to £33000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||James Whicher|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2018 16:52|
Lead Electrical Engineer job, Middlesex
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis, working for an established local authority in Greater London. Our client has a large facilities management and maintenance division who are responsible for the delilvery of reactive mechanical and electrical services to their public buildings and housing stock. This position is within their non-housing maintenance team.
As the council's Lead Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the supervision and management of a team of Electrical Engineers who deliver specialist electrical support to the local authority's FM Building Services function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage, mentor and line manage a team of x4 Mobile Electrical Engineers.
- Responsible for planned and reactive maintenance to all electrical assets including but not limited to lighting and electrical power systems within a diverse portfolio of Council properties
- Respond to reactive maintenance tasks on all mechanical and electrical plant and equipment such as electrical sockets, power points, light switches, lamping, ballasts, water heaters, pumps, generator, UPS, AHU, FCU, compressors and BMS systems.
- Provide the FM Building Services Management Team with subject matter expert advice in relation to all tasks and projects involving electrical safety and compliance.
- Support the design input to electrical installation projects as and when required.
- Update the Concerto CAFM system following completion of all tasks.
- Manage a shift / duty engineer rota to ensure that critical electrical assets are maintained to optimum resilience.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed safely and effectively so that a high ratio of right first time, first fix is delivered and maintained.
- Supervise directly employed staff, integrated contractors and supply chain partners with regards to quality of work and health and safety.
- Issue and manage Permit to Work (PTW) for all high-risk tasks
- Conduct regular ad-hoc inspections of completed electrical engineering tasks to ensure a high standard and quality of workmanship.
- Support the regular 360-degree performance review of specialist electrical contractors and supply chain partners to promote a seamlessly integrated 'One Team' service delivery ethos.
- Conduct regular staff 1-2-1 performance reviews with all directly employed mobile electrical engineers and apprentices.
- Produce specifications, scope of works and programmes for planned, reactive and capital works projects ensuring that the Council's receive best value at all times.
- Order and manage tools, materials and consumables required in the delivery of FM electrical building services ensuring that all items are fit for purpose and meet the required quality.
In order to succeed in this role you will be electrically qualified to NVQ Level 3 and 17th Edition standards, and have a minimum of 7 years experience working within an electrical engineering capacity. You will be responsible for the direct management and supervision of a team of up to 4 engineers, therefore previous experience working in a management / supervisory capacity is essential.
Successful applicants must possess a valid UK driving license and will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. In return our client is offering a very competitive salary and a very attractive 39 days holiday per year as standard, as well as an exceptional pension scheme available from the start of employment. You will also be provided with full uniform, PPE, tools and a van, all supplied by the local authority.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's