Land Buyer - Residential Developer - Kent
|Job Title:||Land Buyer - Residential Developer - Kent|
|Salary:||£58000 - £62000 per annum + Company bonus|
|Contact Name:||Mark Malpeli|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 12:43|
PCR are seeking an experienced Land Buyer who will sit within the Development Team of a large residential House-builder and be responsible for their site identification, sourcing and larger acquisitions.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of sourcing, valuing and buying land and will be able to lead the site acquisition process and agree the purchase strategy independently.
Working with the legal team, the successful candidate will progress site acquisition and options from initial sourcing through to legal exchange / completion preparing the necessary reports and due diligence in support of the approvals process and purchase.
Key areas of responsibility
- To negotiate cost effective land acquisition deals with land owners and developers, ensuring deals are within agreed budgeted and forecast requirements
- To develop a strategy for working with industry to identify strategy locations and a strategic forward plan for land acquisition
- To develop a pipeline of proposed and secured sites for developments to support the development strategy
- To manage the consultants involved in sourcing, identification, negotiation and acquisition of land
- To apply specialist knowledge and expertise when overseeing the appraisal and valuation of recommended development sites
- To manage the consultant teams of architects, planning consultants and other associated professionals to obtain clear feasibility layouts for them to be agreed with the Head of Development
- To work with architectural consultants to deliver optimum layout by carrying out detailed land appraisals as required
- Undertake feasibility reports and to produce development appraisals to ensure complete and accurate land valuation
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of development constraints and their likely financial effect on land values
- A good understanding of the Planning System, including local and national planning policies
- Must be RICS
- Full UK Drivers Licence
For more information about the role please contact Mark on mark @ pcrnet.co.uk