Health and Safety Officer - Construction
|Job Title:||Health and Safety Officer - Construction|
|Location:||Kensington and Chelsea, London|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Harris|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2018 10:19|
Professional Construction Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer to work for a London based property maintenance and refurbishment contractor. The Health and Safety Officer will be expected to co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects of Health and Safety. As well as this the H&S Officer will be tasked with establishing and managing the company's H&S standards and processes, ensuring all H&S responsibilities are adhered to.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas of H&S.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Co-ordinate the development of Health & Safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant Health & Safety activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar H&S role.
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
- COSHH/DSEAR Trained.
- Previous experience in the handling of H&S investigations.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures.
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Construction Project Manager
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Senior Site manager | No.1 Site Manager
£260 - £290 per day
Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
£18 - £20 per hour
City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Assistant Site Manager
South London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits