|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Location:||South London, London|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2019 15:57|
Working alongside the Managing Director you will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
This role will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
You will be leading through busy periods including month end, year end and annual budgeting. You will have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often working with various departments to help them plan and manage their budgets.
In periods of change and growth your role is critical, coordinating company finances and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation and equity as appropriate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company's accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- You must be a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's