|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Phil Neal|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2019 09:50|
Professional Construction Recruitment are currently recruiting for experience Electrical Engineers in the Richmond area
To support the FM Building Services function in the delivery of compliant electrical building services to all properties in Wandsworth and Richmond Council’s SSA estate.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide specialist Electrical support to the FM Building Services function.
- Participate within an out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours. Maybe required to work as part of a shift-rota.
- Electrical testing, and/or repairs and replacements to:
- Lighting internal and external, street and path lighting
- Power including 3 Phase
- Switchgear and associated equipment
- Heating and ventilation systems
- Addressable Fire Alarm Systems
- Emergency lighting systems
- Intruder alarm systems
- Automatic door gear and door access systems
- Motor Control Gear including Inverter Drives
- Plant controllers e.g. pressurisation units, compressors
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Industrial and domestic boilers.
- Industrial and domestic hobs, ovens and cookers
- Minor works installations
- Setting up electrical supplies for events
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA’s policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems.
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand both Councils’ duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
To work within allocated budgets, and maintain stock lists and inventories of materials and equipment.
The work of the FM Building Services Team will involve peripatetic working at buildings located across both boroughs. The work may also involve lone working when visiting buildings that are unoccupied. The work requires a reactive and pragmatic approach which may result in the need for working at height, working in confined spaces, or manual handling.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's