|Job Title:||Contracts Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £53000 per annum + Company Car|
|Contact Name:||Jed Morgan|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2018 11:05|
Contracts Manager Chelmsford
£50,000-£55,000 + Company Car
My client is an independent Stone, Ceramic Wall and Floor Tiling Contractor who have established an excellent reputation for quality and service in the industry and have a commitment to continued growth and success.
They are seeking to recruit a high-calibre, personable, motivated and focused individual to fill the position of Contracts Manager to be based at their Head Office in Chelmsford working on sites in Essex, London and Hertfordshire.
Job role will entail:
- Liaising with the Main Contractor.
- Organise materials and labour on site.
- Manage supervisors on site each individual site.
- Setting up contract file & Quality Plan on every project
- Understanding the project budget plan for labour allowances and agreeing price work rates for the operatives and sub-contractors at commencement with the commercial team
- Co-ordinate drawings, specifications, schedules & registers and ensuring your site team have the latest relevant information Pre & Post Contract
- Snagging ceramic tilers' work and producing a handover process and de-snag prior to main contractor's snag
- Preparing Site Safety Plans and liaising with Health and Safety Administrator as required
- Counting/recy/measuring material requirements and stocks on site and communicate with office to order in time
- Producing Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- Producing programs, set up project specific progress tracker and monitoring against site progress
- General office duties in line with smooth running of projects
- Willingness to undertake any other direction that is reasonably requested by the management
- Following all company procedures, ensuring these are implemented regularly, to lead by example
Successful candidates will:
- Hold a CSCS card and UK Driver's license
- Be experienced in the flooring/tiling industry and previous contracts management experience managing commercial projects
- Be technically very strong and client-focused, but with a hands-on approach to projects
- Work well under pressure as the main person operationally on the projects
- Have strong construction knowledge, preferably with a core tiling background that will have seen the successful candidate work on a variety of building projects
- Have a keen eye for detail and a natural flair for managing a team, with the ability to oversee multiple jobs at once
- Be able to negotiate and liaise across a range of external consultants, sub-contractors, colleagues and senior management
- Be able to undertake all other ad-hoc duties as required, supporting senior management
- CSCS (required)
- SMSTS (desirable)
- CIOB (desirable)
- Any related construction management qualifications. i.e. HND/HNC, NVQ, BSc. (desirable)
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a industry leading contractor who promote from within and offer a very competitive package.
For more information or to apply for this opportunity please contact Jed Morgan at PCR LTD.