|Job Title:||Construction Buyer|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2019 19:52|
We are searching for an experienced construction buyer to join our client a smaller boutique house builder based near Horsham.
Experience working for either a residential house builder or main contractor is a must for this role.
The majority of the developments are traditional build residential housing schemes and experience with these types of projects are a must.
- Effective liaison with site teams and suppliers to obtain materials/ products according to specification and site requirements.
- Analysis of rate received against market comparisons to determine the optimum price for requirements.
- Analysis of specification to determine suitability and/or possible alternatives.
- Compile and distribute enquiries to relevant suppliers in order to obtain prices/rates for required materials/services as per contract documents
- Dealing with supplier invoice queries, communicating with site and supplier in order to find an amicable conclusion
- Filing of orders, addenda and supporting information for future reference
- Negotiate with suppliers in order to achieve the most commercially viable supply to site
- Raise material/asset/stock/plant/sub-contract orders
- Review of drawings/specification to assess possible alternative products/methods that could reduce the time/cost of the build or provide a better value end product.