Commercial Document Assistant
|Job Title:||Commercial Document Assistant|
|Salary:||£20000 - £22000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 11:46|
The Commercial Department in a leading sub-contractor is responsible for the separate functions of Purchasing and Surveying as well as ensuring that all Group Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to within the division.
The job holder provides a range of administrative services as appropriate to the Commercial and Purchasing teams.
- Administration duties at Procurement stage, preparing enquiry packs, collating tender information.
- Analyse sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment, in liaison with Quantity Surveyors.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Surveyors.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate/directed.
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
- General office duties including accurate collation and storage of information.
- General Administration
- Health and Safety
- Ensure familiarity with Group Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- Document Control
- Uploading & downloading drawings
- Scanning and uploading received hard copy documents
- Maintaining up to date drawing files and registers collating and issuing of drawings as well as tender packages
- Dealing with queries and complaints
- Credit Control
- Raise client invoices via in house system
- Chase outstanding invoices with clients to ensure prompt payment
- Managing creditor payments to syncronise with sales ledger
- Communicate effectively with surveyors to collaboratively minimise client debt
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
- Must have experience in a similar role for a construction company
- Strong project administration and organisational skills being efficient with diary and time management operating in a structured approach.
- Excellent IT skills and familiarisation with the information management administration and working knowledge of all Microsoft packages.
- Excellent Excel skills are a must have
- An assertive yet professional manner
- Diligent and thorough
- An excellent communicator