Assistant Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2019 10:19|
Assistant Surveyors are to take responsibility under supervision of surveying duties on sites allocated to them which may vary in complexity. Decision of site allocation will be determined on the type of construction, the speed of construction, or whether it is a multi-phase site or a consortium site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To receive and check tender issue drawings from the Technical Department via the formal drawing handover meeting, to enable sub-contract procurement.
- To produce and co-ordinate signed off list of tenders for sub-contract work.
- To issue tenders documents to sub-contractors.
- To monitor and chase sub-contract tender returns; dealing with any queries during the tender period.
- To analyse sub-contract tenders, on a like-for-like basis and ensure that a minimum of three returns are achieved and analysed.
- To produce recommendations for sign off by the Commercial Manager, Commercial Director, Construction Director, Finance and Managing Director.
- To liaise with sub-contractors where necessary.
- To produce Site Valuations
- To produce Sub-Contract Orders, and send out to the contractor, together with all necessary documentation.
- To produce Sub-Contract payments for the sites for which you are responsible.
- To complete on site measurements / assess payments to contractors.
- To produce sub-contract final accounts and ensure signed by sub-contractor.
- To prepare site budgets including liaising with Buying, Construction, Technical and Sales Departments.
- To deal with sub-contract enquiries including collation of information to ensure that sub-contract quotations are submitted in line with all current information and health and safety requirements.
- To liaise, pre-contract and post-contract, with housing associations on social projects, including Employer’s Requirements, contract sum analysis and valuations through to final account.
- To liaise with site management team in respect of day to day matters; and provide cost control suggestions where appropriate and advise senior managers as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with operational needs as requested by your managers.
- Communication and listening skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external personnel
- Hold relevant level of CSCS Card
- Minimum 2-3 years in residential surveying.
- Knowledge of cost control systems and valuation reporting.
- Experience in the procurement of the majority of trade packages.
- Current full driving licence. Having a car to access sites is a necessity.