Assistant Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£20000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Rogers|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 17:47|
An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor at the early stages of their career in construction. Ideally you will have some experience within either a residential developer or main contractor assisting with residential new build projects.
This position will give the real opportunity to work under the guidance of a Senior Surveyor on large consortium sites and quickly progress to running their own smaller job with the full support of the team around them.
The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting with the managing all costs relating to residential developments. Your focus is to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts as directed by line manager.
- Prepare and agree daywork sheets.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that payments to sub-contractors are made on time and in accordance with the subcontract agreement
- Assisting with preparation of external valuations
- Assisting with preparation of development appraisals and budgets
- Assisting in preparation of financial reports by taking relevant site measurements and/or measuring from drawings
- Monthly stock taking for internal and external valuations
- Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates, analysis of Head Office cost prints and divergences between pre-cost estimates and Head Office cost prints.
- Preparing material reconciliations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6 GCSE's A - C, including Maths and English
- Must have completed at least two year of surveying related studies such as National Certificate or HND or Quantity Surveying degree
- Previous work experience within the construction industry in a Trainee QS role is essential.
- Experience working in an Assistant role within house building industry is desirable.
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Quick to learn and strives for continuous improvement in everyday tasks
- Understands the importance of meeting customers' needs
- Flexible with the ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Keen interest in construction and a willingness to progress within the industry